I am now able to do Indian Head Massage. IHM can have many benefits at physical and spiritual level. It can be performed on a chair and it involves head, shoulders and arms. I can be deeply relaxing and might help with many ailments or as a preventative. People in India have daily head massages to prevent illnesses and stay in balance.
Indian Head Massage has its origins in the ancient system of medecine known as Ayurveda. The underlying philosophy is that health results from harmony within one´s whole self. Massage is an acknowledged method of cleansing and maintaining the health of the body.
The many potential benefits of Indian Head Massage include:
- general and specific relaxation for muscles
- knots can be broken down
- disperses toxins
- relief from stiffness
- loosens scalp
- increases oxygen flow
- improves blood circulation
- stimulates circulation
- restores mobility
- relief to many disorders
- can provide a sense of calmness, peace and tranquillity
- can release anxiety and stress
- can increase alterness and concentration
- can ease mental tiredness
- can lift sorrow and depression
Indian Head Massage routine
- An Indian Head Massage generally starts with the client sitting in a comfortable chair for the duration of the massage ideally wearing a camisole or vest top with thin straps
- Treatment normally begins with a shoulder and neck massage routine to relax the Trapezius muscle of the neck and shoulder, where knots, stiffness and tension are often stored
- The head is then worked with the scalp being squeezed, rubbed, gentlytapped and prodded. The hair is briskly tussled and gently combed
- Pressure points are gently worked on and the ears are tugged and pressed. Lastly the practitioner moves to the face, working with acupressure points to help relieve any sinus pressure, stimulate the circulation and increase altertness
- This massage is both subtle and deep, leaving the client feeling deeply relaxed, rejuvenated and uplifted.
Book one with me now! Invest in your own health!